Learning about the specific care required by each flower really makes a difference as to whether or not they look perfect. This is why today we want to describe the characteristics of this amazing flower – the magnolia – and tell you everything you need to know about its care.
The magnolia is a very popular plant due to its special sweet smell. i Its origins are particularly diverse, as it comes from America and Asia, so it’s no wonder that it’s available in many different colours and sizes. It also grows in a pyramid shape and can reach a height of up to 30 metres.
Some tips and trivia about magnolias
- Magnolias can be a wide range of colours, such as white, yellow, pink and purple (for all tastes in colours, right?)
- If you’re considering keeping one of this kind of plant at home, we can tell you right now that it’ll look spectacular and that it’s very easy to take care of because it doesn’t need much ongoing maintenance. This plant requires a mixture of sunlight and shade. When it is very sunny, it’ll need a little more water than normal because the air is dry and the magnolia’s earth must be kept damp. Every 2-3 days is enough.
- If you really are a flower lover and you want to do more than just “basic” care, a tip for keeping your magnolias looking perfect is to prune them after flowering. This will ensure that they grow healthier and look nicer.
- These plants need a lot of sunlight, so they should be kept in a spot that gets plenty of hours of light.
- Magnolia plants survive all year round, but the flowers usually bloom in May-June. So, if you’re thinking of planting one… What are you waiting for?
At Agrojardin we’ll be delighted to help you with all kinds of advice and recommendations on care.