What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your browser (such as Google Chrome or Apple Safari) when you browse most websites.
What is a cookie NOT?
It is not a virus, a Trojan, a worm, spam or spyware, nor does it open pop-up windows.
What information does a cookie store?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit card or bank account details, photographs, your ID or personal information, etc. The data stored is technical, such as personal preferences, content customisation, etc.
The web server does not associate it with you as a person, but with your web browser. In fact, if you regularly browse with Internet Explorer and try to browse the same website with Firefox, you will see that the website does not realise that you are the same person, because it is actually associating the information with the browser, not with the person.
What types of cookies are there?
- Technical cookies: these are the most basic and make it possible, among other things, to find out when a human or an automated application is browsing, to find out when an anonymous user and a registered user are browsing and to conduct basic tasks for running any dynamic website.
- Analytics cookies: these collect information about the type of browsing being performed, the sections that are most used, products consulted, time zone, language, etc.
- Advertising cookies: these display advertising based on your browsing, your country of origin, language, etc.
What are first-party and third-party cookies?
First-party cookies are those generated by the website that you are visiting, while third-party cookies are those generated by external services or providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
Which cookies does this website use?
This website uses first-party and third-party cookies. The following cookies are used on this website:
List of cookies:
Personalisation: Cookies help us remember which people or websites you have interacted with, so we can show you related content.
Preferences: Cookies allow us to remember your settings and preferences, such as preferred language and your privacy settings.
This website uses analytics services, specifically Google Analytics, to help it analyse the use of the website by users and to enhance its usability, but in no case are these services associated with data which could identify the user. Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. The user may check the type of cookies used by Google here.
Social media cookies may be stored in your browser while you are using agrojardin.com, for example, when you use the button to share content from agrojardin.com to any social network.
Below is information about the social network cookies used by this website and their specific cookie policies:
Can cookies be deleted?
Yes, they can. And not only can you delete them, you can also block them in general or for a specific domain.
To delete cookies from a site, go to your browser settings, find those associated to the domain in question and delete them.
- Cookie settings for Google Chrome
- Cookie settings for Apple Safari
- Cookie settings for Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings for Mozilla Firefox
More information about cookies
If you would like to have more control over the installation of cookies, you may install programs or add-ons to your browser, known as ‘Do Not Track’ tools, which will allow you to choose the cookies you wish to enable.